THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO THAT ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN SUCH PROVINCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AND THE FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN.
Jim Beam® Bourbon Whiskey Rocks Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. The Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey Rocks Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by Beam Canada Inc. (“Sponsor”) begins on October 13, 2019 and ends on November 9, 2019 (“Contest Period”) by which time all entries must be received.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is only open to legal residents of the provinces of Ontario that are over the legal drinking age at the time of entry, except for the following individuals who are excluded from participation in the Contest: (i) employees, directors, officers and agents of, Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, liquor licensees, and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Contest; (ii) any independent judges involved in the Contest; and (iii) members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or persons with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not). This Contest is void outside Ontario and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter:
Code Method of Entry: During the Contest Period, text the phone number indicated on the Whiskey Rocks Contest neck tag attached to a Jim Beam® Bourbon 750ml bottle. Complete all required information via the text to enter interface to submit your entry. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 9, 2019.
Free Mail-In Method of Entry: Legibly handprint your full name, address, city, province, postal code, and day and evening phone numbers (including area code(s)), date of birth, and e-mail address on a 3x5 card and mail in a standard, #10 business-size envelope to Jim Beam® Bourbon Whiskey Rocks Contest, Beam Suntory 3280 Bloor St. W, Ste 510, Toronto, ON MX8 2X3. All mail-in entries must be post-marked by November 9, 2019 and received by November 11, 2019. No mechanically reproduced, facsimile or computer-generated entries allowed.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (iii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (iv) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winners; (vi) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (vii) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Further Entry Conditions: Limit one (1) entry/Entry Code per person/household. If more than one (1) entry/Entry Code is received per person/household per day by any means including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e-mail accounts or cell phone numbers, all such entries, and the person/household that submitted them, will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor's decisions. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Drawing/Odds of Winning Grand Prize: Winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about November 11, 2019 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. To be declared the Winner of the Contest, the selected entrant must have correctly answered, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill-testing question printed on the Declaration and Release Form. Failure to correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill testing question will result in disqualification of the entrant and forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner(s) will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail by or about November 11, 2019. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Grand Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to City and Colour concert in Toronto, ON at Scotiabank Arena scheduled to take place on November 22, 2019 and hotel accommodation for 2 people on the evening of November 22, 2019. Selection of concert seat locations are solely within Live Nation’s discretion. Selection of hotel is solely at the sponsor’s discretion. Parking is not included. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner and guest(s) must abide by all venue policies. Live Nation reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Live Nation into disrepute. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of Live Nation. Resale of tickets is prohibited. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each grand prize is one thousand dollars ($1000.00).
The ARV of all available prizes is two thousand dollars ($2,000.00). Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All income taxes on prizes are the winner’s sole responsibility. Dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency. The prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules, provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed in accordance with these Official Rules, and distributed no later than November 20, 2019.
8. Verification Grand Prize Claim: Potential Winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in a prize and be official Winner. Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release form, properly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and may be required to sign additional documents without additional compensation (where permitted by law), within four (4) business days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Winner will be required to obtain signed Declaration and Release from the Guest and submit this form to Sponsor no less than four (4) days prior to the awarding of the prize. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, including but not limited to not receiving a signed Declaration and Release form from the Guest, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Contest.
9. Rights: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Live Nation Canada Inc., (“Live Nation”), Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, independent judges, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, Winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods, (as applicable) and/or their respective affiliates. Furthermore, Winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor is not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Consent to Publicity: By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the collection, use, storage and distribution of their personal information, including, without limitation, their name, address, telephone number and age by Sponsor in reference to: i) all matters related to this Contest; ii) in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without additional notice compensation; and iii) future brand-related communications should entrants opt to receive such communications. Such information is stored for only so long as required to complete the purpose for which it was collected. An entrant’s personal information shall not be provided to any third party by Sponsor without the entrant’s consent, except for the purposes of executing and administering this Contest and the prizes. If an entrant would like that personal information removed from Sponsor’s database at the conclusion of the Contest, send this request in writing to Jim Beam® Bourbon Whiskey Rocks Contest, Beam Suntory 3280 Bloor St. W, Ste 510, Toronto, ON MX8 2X3 no later than November 30, 2019.
11. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Contest, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. This Contest is void outside of Ontario and where prohibited by law.
12. For a list of the major prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after November 30, 2019 and no later than December 31, 2019 to: Winners List Request, Jim Beam® Bourbon Whiskey Rocks Contest, Beam Suntory 3280 Bloor St. W, Ste 510, Toronto, ON MX8 2X3.
13. Sponsor: Beam Canada Inc., 3280 Bloor St W. Suite 510, Toronto, Ontario, M8X 2X3.
14. The Provincial Liquor Boards/Agencies/Retailers are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to this contest.
Live Nation is not a sponsor of the Contest, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor and not to Live Nation.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.